over the past few years, i have followed various friends projects, documenting 365 days of pictures or the first year of baby's life, or maybe a month of songs. i have questioned doing such things, and have thought about what a commitment it would take and of course how it would be hard without say an iphone to document them. but i have been doing some thinking lately, and more than memories or songs, i want my life to be marked by certain qualities. as i was thinking about this, the word gratitude came to mind. as i was beginning to write this, i flipped over to webster.com for a dictionary definition of the word, and my heart jumped for joy: "gratitude: the state of being thankful" wow. so for the next year (in addition to many other things) i want to strive for this quality. i want to live in a way of gratitude.

28 July 2011

11. my mom

i am so thankful for my mom. tonight, we attended a viking cooking class (more about that tomorrow on my other blog), and it was just so great to laugh and cook and eat and visit. we took it with a group of ladies, and it made me so thankful to know that now, shes not just my mom, shes my friend. i am so thankful for her.

1 comment:

  1. you are the face of His promise in my life of "much fruit" ...remaining in His Love has given me eyes to see you - His rich, sweet, grape!

    ReplyDelete